The Capital Formation & Business Development Associate is a full-time employment opportunity at Rialto’s office either in New York, NY or Miami, FL. The associate will mainly be responsible for supporting Rialto’s fundraising efforts for its commercial real estate private equity funds through completing investor due diligence questionnaires, creating marketing materials, and understanding investment and asset management performance/strategy reporting. Additionally, the associate must display utmost professionalism as well as superior writing, communication, and presentation skills, as the position involves significant exposure to the Firm’s executive team and limited partners.
A successful candidate will have a strong interest in real estate investments and/or real estate private equity. The firm specializes in complex real estate debt transactions in addition to traditional direct real estate equity investments. The preferred candidate will have a background in supporting a capital raising team, either at an investment manager or placement agent, with knowledge on the fundraising process, including completing due diligence questionnaires. The candidate will be working in a fast-paced group, with direct exposure to the firm’s executive team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively support fundraising activities for growth of the Rialto platform through completing due diligence questionnaires, performance analytics, and other ad hoc requests
- Create marketing materials including pitchbooks, bespoke presentations and analyses to support specific investor questions (both written and in presentation form) in addition to working on private placement memoranda
- Maintain an ongoing understanding of market trends and each existing funds’ capital position, investments, and projections to communicate effectively with investors
- Serve as a point of contact for existing investors – responds to questions regarding statements, due diligence items, performance, ad hoc client requests, etc.
- Aggregation of certain fund level metrics, including capital activity and performance
- High exposure working with Rialto’s executive management team
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Real Estate or related required
- 4-8 years of experience at a placement agent or real estate investment manager, with experience in investor relations, fundraising, or finance preferred
- Strong ability to understand key financial terms in real estate, credit, and private equity
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications specifically PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- A working knowledge of investment and security markets, real estate, and credit
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal and written communication and relationship building skills with the ability to convey company strategy and messaging
- Extremely detail oriented with the ability to simultaneously maintain efficiency
- Must be well organized and able to handle changing priorities
- Must have a proactive and solutions-oriented mindset
- Ability to work on an as-needed basis outside of standard business hours
- Possess a high level of integrity and sensitivity to confidential information