As a Rialto Appian Developer you will be responsible for the development of Appian applications needed by the different business departments that make up Rialto Management Group, LLC (“Rialto”). This include working with Rialto’s outsourced Appian developments teams, understand the bigger picture of Rialto’s needs, and identifying best solutions. The leadership role includes providing oversight in regard to technical best practice and mentoring other team members within the Appian Practice. The Appian Developer is a key member of our Information Technology organization in the US. In addition to being responsible for developing high performing solutions on the Appian platform, the Appian Developer is expected to provide insight on reporting and integrations and in advanced business analysis, conduct needs assessments and configure applications, as required.
- Work with Rialto business departments to determine best use of Appian platform in effort to streamline workflow and establish improvements to increase efficiency.
- Applicant will need to become proficient in Rialto’s business to allow them to analyze business need to produce solution-based applications/workflows best suited for each department.
- Responsible for the detailed architecture, design, development, modification, testing, adaption, and/or implementation of Appian software solutions that are of moderate to high complexity level.
- Reviews system requirements and business processes; codes, tests, debugs and implements Appian software solutions.
- Lead the technical planning & requirements gathering phases including develop, test, manage projects, architect and deliver.
- Serve as a technical lead and mentor. Provide technical support or leadership in the development and continual improvement of service. Work with team members to identify, mitigate and resolve project issues and risks.
- Provide oversight over Appian developers to ensure Appian best practices.
- Participate in and manage team design meetings, daily scrums, and other development meetings.
- Assist in application UAT and deployment to production.
- Support data migration via JSON or API into and out of Rialto Microsoft Azure environment, and other operating platforms.
- 4+ years of experience with all aspects of the Appian technology platform (or application skill set to match).
- Appian Level 2 preferred (or proof of skills to achieve that ranking).
- Knowledge and work experience with at least Appian version 20. or higher
- Very good knowledge on Integration Smart Services, Functions & Appian as a service
- Experience in the financial services industry preferred.
- Client facing or consulting experience highly preferred.
- Flexible and adaptable attitude disciplined to manage multiple responsibilities and adjust to varied environments.
- Knowledge and experience in developing software using agile methodologies.
- Hands-on active experience includes:
- Design of UI SAIL forms for Tempo environment
- Design of CDTs that interact with external databases
- Design of role-based access control Appian components
- Development of Records and complex Reports using SAIL
- Build/consumption of webservices
- Design of expression rules, constants, and query rules
- Handling Appian Packaging and deployment
- Application of Appian Best Practices