Investment Management Equity is responsible for sourcing and the direct acquisitions of properties, including equity joint ventures and equity recapitalizations, across all property types, at Rialto. The analyst will be responsible for evaluating new opportunities, underwriting and modeling and creating presentations for review by senior members of Rialto and outside partners/investors.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Assist with leasing activity for assigned properties, including financial analysis of prospective leases, routine communication with leasing teams, tenant lease negotiations, credit underwriting of prospective tenants, and the submittal of required internal documentation.
- Provide support to industrial investment platform priorities by maintaining high level of knowledge of market fundamentals such as rental rates, occupancy, supply/demand, capital market trends, and transaction activity for assigned geographic areas.
- Prepare detailed financial analyses of real estate assets including, but not limited to: discounted cash flow analyses, time-weighted returns, leveraged and unleveraged IRRs, equity multiples, promote calculations, and various other investment and operational performance metrics.
- Perform property-level market valuations for assigned real estate assets each quarter. Maintain ARGUS and DCF models to support market valuations. Provide support and oversight of external appraisals.
- Prepare and coordinate the annual budgeting process for assigned properties. Assist with the review of annual CAM reconciliations. Create variance reports and cash reforecasts as required.
- Prepare, coordinate and ensure timely completion of property-level and portfolio reporting such as annual business plans, quarterly fund reports, monthly status reports, investor specific reports, and other reports as required.
- Demonstrate a high level of initiative and ownership by assisting with the timely resolution of various property-level issues.
- Contribute to the improvement of existing processes and promote the adoption of best practices as related to the above duties and responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Real Estate, Business, Accounting or related field.
- 1 – 3 years of commercial real estate industry work experience.
- Solid understanding of financial analysis concepts.
- High level of proficiency in Excel and Argus Enterprise.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize assignments to meet numerous deadlines.
- Excellent analytical, quantitative and problem solving skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
This job description outlines the basic tasks and requirements for the position noted. It is not comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates.
Rialto is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunity to all applicants and Associates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age (40+) disability, veteran status, genetic information (including family medical history), or any other legally protected status.