The Capital Formation & Business Development Analyst is a full-time employment opportunity at Rialto’s headquarters in Miami, FL. The analyst will mainly be responsible for supporting Rialto’s fundraising efforts for its commercial real estate private equity funds through managing Rialto’s CRM system, creating and maintaining marketing materials, completing due diligence questionnaires from prospective investors, and understanding investment and asset management performance/strategy reporting. Additionally, the analyst must display utmost professionalism as well as superior communication, writing and presentation skills, as the position involves significant exposure to the Firm’s executive team and limited partners.
A successful candidate will have a strong interest in real estate investments and/or real estate private equity. The firm specializes in complex real estate debt transactions in addition to traditional direct real estate equity investments. If the candidate has job experience, it is preferred they will have a background in supporting a capital raising team, either at an investment manager or placement agent, with knowledge on the fundraising process, including creating pitchbooks, investor communication, participating in investment strategy discussions and completing due diligence questionnaires. The candidate will be working in a fast-paced group, with direct exposure to the firm’s executive team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Actively support fundraising activities for growth of the Rialto platform through creating marketing materials including pitchbooks, bespoke presentations and analyses to support specific investor questions (both written and in presentation form), managing client communication, completing due diligence questionnaires, and understanding performance analytics, among other ad hoc requests
• Maintain an accurate and up-to-date CRM that reflects the investor relationships of the broader team, including creating daily reports for Rialto’s executive management team
• Maintain an ongoing understanding of market trends and each existing funds’ capital position, investments, and projections to communicate effectively with investors
• Serve as a point of contact for certain existing investors – responding to questions regarding due diligence items, performance, and ad hoc client requests, etc.
• Aggregation of certain fund level metrics, including capital activity and performance
• High exposure working with Rialto’s executive management team
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Real Estate, Economics or related required
• 1-3 years of experience at a placement agent or real estate investment manager, with experience in investor relations, fundraising, or finance preferred
• Outstanding interpersonal, verbal and written communication and relationship building skills with the ability to convey company strategy and messaging
• Highly organized and extremely detail-oriented with the ability to simultaneously maintain efficiency
• Must have a proactive and solutions-oriented mindset
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, specifically PowerPoint, Excel and Word
• Ability to work on an as-needed basis outside of standard business hours
• Possess a high level of integrity and sensitivity to confidential information
• A working knowledge of investment and security markets, real estate, and credit