Rialto Capital Management, LLC (“RCM”), together with the other entities within the Rialto group of companies, “Rialto”, is an integrated real estate investment and asset management company that invests throughout the capital structure in real estate properties, loans, and securities. As of December 31, 2021, Rialto employed over 250 professionals operating across 14 locations throughout the United States and managed approximately $6.1 billion in equity under management across real estate debt and equity investment strategies through various funds and separate accounts. In addition, Rialto’s asset management and special servicing teams monitor and manage over $200 billion of commercial real estate properties.
The Investment Management Team leads acquisition efforts for the firm and is responsible for identifying, structuring and executing investments on behalf of Rialto sponsored investment vehicles. The Equity Asset Management Analyst will assist with the business plan execution of a portfolio of value add and opportunistic assets across the East Coast.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build financial, valuation and sensitivity models for the existing portfolio of real estate assets and/or debt.
- Model property and loan discounted cash flows utilizing Excel and Argus to determine NPV and IRR of potential investments.
- Model strategic hold/sell recommendations and assist with asset disposition process.
- Assist with the business plan execution for a portfolio of assets located Nationally.
- Assist with the management third-party leasing and property management teams for assigned properties. Monitor performance of retained service providers and periodically benchmark performance against business plan and peer group assets in respective market areas.
- Support the asset management team with capital improvement strategies for assigned properties, including vendor selection and contract negotiation for major and/or critical path projects, oversight of on-site third-party vendor activities, review and approval of progress payment applications, preparation and submission of draw requests, and processing or partial and final-lien releases.
- Direct preparation of annual business plans, including annual leasing strategies, operating budgets, capital improvement budgets, and monetization strategies. Ensure timely implementation and successful execution of approved plans.
- Periodic reporting as required by senior management, joint venture partners, lenders, and investor relations.
- Assist with due diligence process on new acquisitions, including legal, financial, and physical reviews.
- Maintain current ARGUS models for Eastern Region assets and assist team with quarterly reports, and quarterly valuations.
- Assist in analyzing potential acquisitions, equity recapitalizations, joint-venture equity and select debt investments.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year university.
- 0-3 years of experience in institutional real estate asset management or acquisitions.
- Relevant commercial real estate analytical experience (office, retail, multifamily and mixed-use) in acquisitions, asset/portfolio management and/or real estate finance.
- Advanced financial analysis, forecasting and modeling skills with the ability to translate analysis quickly into practical results.
- Knowledge base of key construction/development processes, concepts, and contracts.
- Ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced environment while prioritizing projects to ensure timely deliverables.
- Excellent communication & organization skills with the ability to present analyses and recommendations in verbal and/or written formats.
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Argus.