The Analyst supports the Asset Managers with overall portfolio management by providing input and information regarding current and potential real estate holdings and recommends long term investment and disposition strategies. The Analyst will be responsible for performing qualitative and quantitative analysis and subsequently presenting conclusions to the team’s investment committee. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated individual with a passion for real estate.
- Work with Asset Managers to prepare cash flow models, valuation analysis, property proformas, as well as the preparation of Business Plans and/or Hold vs. Sell Analyses.
- Assist CMBS Surveillance team with re-underwriting loans that Rialto special services.
- Perform analysis of property operations including review of budgets, operating statements, rent rolls, traffic reports, bank statements, capital improvements, Phase 1 reports and property condition assessments.
- Coordinate, monitor, and execute production of reports used in evaluating REO properties.
- Coordinate and research market comparables, sales, leasing transactions, and activity affecting local real estate markets utilizing internal and external resources including outside counsel, real estate brokers and vendors, including coordinating obtaining appraisals and broker opinions of values.
- Assist on foreclosure activities in terms of negotiation, coordinating third party reports, cash flow management and closing of transactions.
- Perform site inspections which will require some travel.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a business and/or real estate major
- 1-3 years of industry work experience
- Strong work ethic and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment
- Comfortable reading and understanding legal documents including Loan Agreements, Title Reports, and commercial real estate leases