REO - Tempe, AZ
Posted: May 1, 2014
The Analyst supports the REO team with conception and management of strategy for properties within a sizable, diverse and opportunistic real estate portfolio consisting of commercial operating properties, residential subdivisions and land. Position will work in support of the Asset Managers to provide portfolio and project specific support throughout the entire real estate process including acquisitions, dispositions, entitlements, operations, construction, development and leasing.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze current real estate holdings and recommend long term investment and disposition strategies
- Assist with the portfolio management process by providing input and information to the Associate and Director
- Financial analysis and underwriting of new acquisitions and existing assets in terms of hold vs. sell analysis
- Write and prepare asset valuations and business plans. Work with Associates to prepare cash flow models, valuation analysis and property proformas
- Perform analysis of property operations including review of budgets, operating statements, rent rolls, traffic reports, bank statements, capital improvements, etc.
- Model NPV’s, land residual values, property valuations, and DCF’s utilizing Excel
- Track greater Phoenix economic activity and research market comparable sales and leasing transactions. Research, analyze and produce weekly and monthly reporting related to the real estate market
- Support A/R and A/P as well as work with Risk Management to obtain property Insurance
- Maintain and organize project files with respect to: property and corporate documents, contracts, agreements and documents from architects, engineers, contractors, property managers, real estate brokers, etc.
- Process agreements, permits, plans and fees with various jurisdictions and utilities
- Maintain and fulfill corporate reporting deadlines under guidance of Associate
- Work with property managers, receivers, loan officers and facility managers on residential and commercial properties
- Schedule and coordinate minor construction activities with contractors and other applicable parties
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Real Estate or Related Field; Masters, MBA or MRED a plus
- Prior Real Estate experience (minimum of 2 years), including underwriting and due diligence and an understanding of accounting concepts
- Advanced Microsoft Excel; familiarity with valuation methods and strong financial modeling skills
- Proficiency with MS Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Proficiency with Argus preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to thoroughly document and provide written reports conveying complex real estate matters
- Must be extremely detailed with excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and adapt in a fast paced environment with changing priorities/needs
- Must be team-oriented and work well in a collaborative environment
- Light travel may be required to and from project sites, jurisdictions, utilities, etc.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
This description outlines the basic tasks and requirements for the position noted. It is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associate.